Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Treefollowing: Wordless Wednesday (nearly)

Flash the maple is thick with dried samaras.
Spike the hawthorn still sports a bit of red and green.

~🍂~


Though the beech is golden
I cannot stand beside it
mute, but must say

"It is golden," while the leaves
stir and fall with a sound
that is not a name.

It is in the silence
that my hope is, and my aim.
...
The Silence by Wendell Berry

 

This is my brief contribution to November's gathering of Treefollowers. Consider joining us—as you can see, it doesn't have to be a lot of work. Photos would have been enough, but like Berry, I "must say".


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! I'm thinking about following a tree in 2022. I've enjoyed that meme in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and a nice quote from Wendell Berry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're still doing this, Hollis. I came looking to refresh myself on the concept when I couldn't even remember what it was called. Nice to find you well (I trust) and still blogging.
    --Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you join us Sally? that would be great :) Life is good here, I hope the same for you!

      Delete
  4. Thoughtful - and colourful.
    Thanks again and all the best :)

    ReplyDelete