Thursday, March 12, 2015

Things You Find in the Field: a sleeping log

What I found first. 
I was driving a narrow winding country road looking for small Precambrian outcrops poking through Tertiary fill.  I found one and luckily there was a pull-out directly across from it.  I stopped to take photos across the draw.  Then I looked down.
What I found next (lower right).
Draws next to little-traveled roads are convenient places to dump large objects no longer wanted.  This one had a small but interesting collection.  There was the worn-out couch above, and an unidentifiable metal object I first thought was a television.
Click on image to possibly identify object.
There were several beds, or at least bedsprings.
Bed parts – lower right and just down and left of center (click on image to view).
But by far the most amazing thing I found was ...
... a log in bed!  Was it just napping?  or sawing logs?  ;-)


[This post was inspired by Silver Fox of Looking for Detachmentspecifically her old junk series.]

8 comments:

  1. Zzzzzz ... in a strange way, that makes me sleepy. ;-) Too bad people dump things there, but it is kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah ... it's disgusting. But might as well get a chuckle out of it.

      Delete
  2. Hilarious, if junky... I find myself wondering how many wild things harbor in the old couch that was dumped where our road peters out into a trail! It must form a fairly good shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good point Amy ... it would be wonderful if so-called "creepy" worms, spiders, bugs, fungi, etc. (maybe even rattlesnakes!) found this stuff useful.

      Delete
  3. We all know how well he was sleeping when you stumbled past...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping like a log;

    ReplyDelete